Additional Campus Support Resources
Your Arts & Sciences | Maxwell advisor is your primary contact for academic and career support. The additional resources included below are available to you via other departments on campus.
- Virtual First-Semester Experience - Programs, services, and support for new first-year and transfer students.
- Center for Academic and Student Success (CLASS) - Free academic course group tutoring; learning skills training; and academic coaching.
- The Center for Disability Resources - Free support for students who require disability accommodations and advocacy.
- The Math Clinic - Free math tutoring.
- The Writing Center - Free one-on-one writing consultation.
- Syracuse Abroad - Syracuse University's study abroad program opportunities include application advising, grants and financial aid for study abroad programs.
- Peer Mentor Program for International Students - Support for new international students’ transition to college life by matching them with current students.
- Handshake Career Development Resource Library - An online catalog of online resources available to all students (incudes VMock, GoinGlobal, Vault, LinkedIn Learning, Big Interview).
- University Career Services - Career counseling and resources.
- Shaw Center - Experiential learning through community engagement.
- ’Cuse Works - Student employment opportunities and resources.
Student Support Offices
- Barnes Center at the Arch - Counseling, health care, health promotion, pharmacy, and recreation.
- Counseling Center - Free one-on-one counseling for anxiety, depression, homesickness, and other mental health issues.
- Dean of Students Office - Holistic and integrated student support; student behavior; medical leave of absence.
- Disability Cultural Center - Programming and outreach focusing on disability as diversity
- Hendricks Chapel - A student-centered global home for religious, spiritual, moral, and ethical life; student needs.
- Financial Aid - Student loans; financial need; grants and scholarships
- Office of the Bursar - Tuition bills and payment; refunds
- Housing and Meal Plans and ID Card Services - Housing assignments and concerns; meal plan selection; I.D. services and replacements.
- Office of Student Living - Residence halls; learning communities
- Office of the Registrar - Official transcripts; issues with course registration.
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities - Resolution of alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct
- Center for International Services - Visa inquiry; I-20 or DS-2019 travel signature/extension; OPT/CPT; change of visa status; English language partners; international student organizations.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Resource Center - Support and education around marginalized genders and sexualities, and the complex intersections of identities.
- Multicultural Affairs - Supports the academic achievement, multicultural competence, social development, civic engagement, and retention of students from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
- Office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion, and Resolution Services - Ensures that the University complies with laws pertaining to accommodations, access, sexual & relationship violence, discrimination, and harassment.
- Department of Public Safety - Crime and fire prevention; safe-escort services; emergency management; lost and found.