Undergraduate Academic and Career Advising
Virtual Drop-in Advising
Drop-in hours are available from 2 to 4 p.m. ET, Monday through Thursday.
NEW: Text Your Advisor!
In mid-September, watch for a text directly from your advisor. With this new line of communication, we'll be able to quickly remind you of important dates such as the add/drop deadline and the course withdrawal deadline. You can also reach out by text to schedule an appointment or ask a quick question about key dates. But remember, this service does not take the place of meetings between you and your advisor. You’ll still be required to have face-to-face advising sessions for in-depth conversations about academic and career planning.
We collaboratively guide and empower Arts and Sciences (A&S) and Maxwell students within an inclusive environment to realize their potential and discover their purpose.
Do you have questions about classes or career? Your A&S | Maxwell undergraduate advisor can help you navigate your options.
Take advantage of our unique integrated advising model--that means every advising professional will provide you with both academic and career advising services. No need to make multiple appointments in different buildings!
What we do
- Support your successful transition into the College of Arts and Sciences and Maxwell
- Educate and guide you toward opportunities afforded by A&S, Maxwell, and the University
- Educate you on the colleges' requirements and expectations
- Provide opportunities to aid in your successful transition to life after graduation
- Create supportive professional relationships with students of all backgrounds
What you do
Get in touch and stay in touch! Your relationship with your advisor is one of the most important you will have on campus, and meeting regularly is the best way to stay on track. So come to our one-stop shop for: major and minor selection; guidance on your path to degree completion; connecting with resources at the University; career assessment tools; resume review and alumni network opportunities.
Visit us frequently!
How to schedule an appointment with your advisor through OrangeSUccess
- Log in to your MySlice account. Use the Orange Success link. Can't find it? Use (CTRL or CMD) + F and enter "Success".
- On the OrangeSUccess home page, click "My Success Network" on the left side of the page.
- Find your college advisor and use the "Schedule Appointment" link.
- Find an open slot and use the "+ Sign up" button to reserve that time. Enter a brief description of what you'd like to discuss in the "notes" section. Appointments are available both virtually and in-person (masks and observance of social distancing are required for in-person appointments).
For occasional time-sensitive concerns, a limited number of 15-minute drop-in appointments are available during the semester, Monday through Thursday, 2-4 p.m. via Zoom.
We encourage you to schedule one-on-one appointments with your advisor (available both virtually and in-person).
There are no events in this category right now, but please check the University calendar for many other options.