WAC Faculty Fellow Application
We invite any full-time faculty member in Arts and Sciences and/or Maxwell who is teaching a writing-intensive course to apply to be a Writing Across the Curriculum Faculty Fellow.
This fellowship is designed to support faculty members who are interested in revising the use of writing in a writing-intensive course. Faculty Fellows will work with the Department of Writing Studies, Rhetoric, and Composition during the Spring 2019 semester to explore best practices for teaching writing across the curriculum and to plan revisions for a writing-intensive course to be taught either in the fall of 2019 or in the spring of 2020.
Each Faculty Fellow will receive a $3,000 award for participation over two semesters.
When the revised courses are taught, each Faculty Fellow will be matched with a mentor who will observe his or her classes and support him or her as needed.
During the Spring 2019 semester, Faculty Fellows will collaborate with one another and mentors on possible ways of developing their courses and further enhancing their pedagogy. Fellows will attend two ½ day faculty workshops as well as monthly meetings either individually or as a group.
In Fall 2019 or Spring 2020, Writing Across the Curriculum Faculty Fellows will teach their redesigned courses with the support of mentors.
Send a letter of application to Genevieve García de Müeller (email@example.com) by March 6. In your application, please
- Identify the writing-intensive course you’d like to revise, including typical enrollment.
- Describe any issues particular to this course on which you’d like to focus.
- Discuss past efforts to support student writing
- Provide a syllabus and assignment sheets for the course in its current form.
- Explain any past experience you’ve had using Writing Across the Curriculum principles.
- Mention any other issues you’d like us to consider.