CEU Seminar - Telepractice For Speech-language Pathology Intervention Services
Syracuse University is pleased to sponsor a CEU seminar presented by: Colleen E. Gargan, Ph.D., Anita Lightburn, M.S., Sue Ellen Maxfield, M.S., and Ramani Voleti, M.S.
Telepractice For Speech-language Pathology Intervention Services Across The Lifespan And Disorders: a Literature Review, Experiences During Covid-19, And Case Studies From A University Clinic
Friday, May 14, 2021, 3:00p.m. - 5:00p.m. via Zoom
The use of telepractice as a service-delivery model for speech-language pathology (SLP) services increased rapidly since March 2020 due to the nationwide shutdown, and ongoing complexities, of in-person healthcare and educational services during the COVID-19 pandemic. This presentation will address the benefits and limitations of telepractice, a current literature review related to the use of telepractice across the lifespan and disorders pre- and post-COVID 19, client candidacy, technology, privacy and security, and legal or regulatory requirements at the state and national level. Three case studies will be presented to demonstrate the delivery of evidence-based SLP intervention services via telepractice at a university clinic for individuals with aphasia, voice disorders, and fluency disorders.
How to Register
Please make your reservation online by May 7, 2021. Payment can be made online or in the form of check or cash can be mailed to:
Gebbie Clinic, 621 Skytop Rd, Suite 1200, Syracuse, NY 13244.
Payment should be received by May 13, 2021
- $40.00 Professionals
- $20.00 Alums
- *Free for Externship supervisors that have supervised a student within the last two years
- 3:00 - 3:05 Introduction
- 3:05 - 3:15 Telepractice service delivery models, benefits, limitations
- 3:15 - 3:30 Telepractice in SLP—Current review of the literature
- 3:30 - 3:45 Client candidacy, technology, privacy and security
- 3:45 - 3:55 Legal or regulatory requirements regarding Telepractice & COVID-19 allowances.
- 3:55 - 4:45 Case study examples
- 4:45 - 5:00 Questions + Answers
Participants will be able to:
- Describe three telepractice service delivery models.
- Summarize current literature demonstrating the effectiveness of using telepractice to provide speech-language intervention services across the lifespan and disorders.
- Identify at least four factors to consider when selecting clients for telepractice services.
- Discuss how to ensure privacy and security when providing services via telepractice.
- Explain how to maximize and demonstrate EBP when delivering telepractice services.