Students are automatically considered for these merit-based scholarships when they apply to A&S | Maxwell. Awards are made based on the quality of the application; no separate scholarship application is required.
Coronat Scholars Program
The highly competitive Coronat scholars program is designed for students who are committed to serving others and have outstanding intellect, achievement and courage.
The scholarship offers many special benefits, including:
- full tuition for four years;
- our pledge to meet your financial need (as determined by the FAFSA and CSS Profile) that is not covered by the Coronat Scholarship;
- full funding (tuition, room and board, and funds for airfare and expenses) for one Syracuse Abroad international study opportunity, either short-term, summer, or semester;
- funding for one summer of approved study, research, or volunteer work (awarded on a competitive basis);
- admission to the Renée Crown University Honors Program; and
- mentoring for prominent national scholarships including Rhodes, Marshall, Fulbright, Truman and others.
Chosen based on leadership and service activities, Coronat scholars have superb academic records with a mean GPA of 4.15 and a mean SAT of 1480 (combined math and verbal). They have been National Merit Scholarship finalists, members of finalist Odyssey of the Mind teams, high school valedictorians and top scorers on national language and science exams.
For further information about the Coronat Scholars Program, please contact:
Director of Graduate and Undergraduate Recruiting
Leadership Scholars Program
The Leadership Scholars program supports students who have shown exceptional leadership abilities and demonstrate they will continue as leaders at A&S | Maxwell. It rewards academic excellence with a generous scholarship and these special benefits:
- $28,000 merit scholarship, renewable for four years (if you maintain good academic standing, 2.75 cumulative GPA, and major within A&S | Maxwell);
- Invitation to apply to the selective Renée Crown University Honors Program, which offers:
- fascinating courses,
- special social and academic events,
- faculty-guided research, creative, or professional work in your field;
- Early admission notification (regular admission notification is in March);
- One-time funding up to $2,500 for approved study, research or volunteer work;
- Priority consideration as a member of the Dean's Team (student peer ambassadors);
- Special opportunities to meet with visiting lecturers;
- Mentoring for prominent national scholarships and graduate fellowships; and
- Invitation to a dinner reception with A&S Dean Karin Ruhlandt for you and two guests.
Other Awards and Scholarships
In addition to scholarships offered to the time of admission, current students may earn additional awards and scholarships based on their performance during their college years.
If you have questions about the scholarship opportunities, please contact Christopher Anderson.