Students are automatically considered for these merit-based scholarships when they apply to A&S | Maxwell. Awards are made based on the quality of the application; no separate scholarship application is required.
Coronat Scholars Program
The highly competitive Coronat Scholars Program is designed for students who are committed to serving others and have outstanding intellect, achievement and courage.
The scholarship offers many special benefits, including:
- full tuition for four years;
- our pledge to meet your financial need (as determined by the FAFSA and CSS Profile) that is not covered by the Coronat Scholarship;
- full funding (tuition, room and board, and funds for airfare and expenses) for one Syracuse Abroad international study opportunity, either short-term, summer, or semester;
- funding for one summer of approved study, research, or volunteer work (awarded on a competitive basis);
- admission to the Renée Crown University Honors Program; and
- mentoring for prominent national scholarships including Rhodes, Marshall, Fulbright, Truman and others.
Chosen based on leadership and service activities, Coronat scholars have superb academic records with a mean GPA of 4.15 and a mean SAT of 1480 (combined math and verbal). They have been National Merit Scholarship finalists, members of finalist Odyssey of the Mind teams, high school valedictorians and top scorers on national language and science exams.
Once enrolled at Syracuse, Coronat Scholars must maintain a major in A&S | Maxwell, with A&S | Maxwell as their home college. Changing their home college to a different school/college within the University (e.g. by transferring to another school/college) would make a student ineligible for the Coronat Scholarship from that point forward.
For further information about the Coronat Scholars Program, please contact:
Director of Graduate and Undergraduate Recruiting
Leadership Scholars Program
The Leadership Scholars program supports students who have shown exceptional leadership abilities and demonstrate they will continue as leaders at A&S | Maxwell. It rewards academic excellence with a generous scholarship and these special benefits. Incoming fall 2022 leadership scholarship recipients will receive:
- 50% tuition scholarship, renewable for four years (if you maintain good academic standing, 2.75 cumulative GPA, and major within A&S | Maxwell);
- Invitation to apply to the selective Renée Crown University Honors Program, which offers:
- fascinating courses,
- special social and academic events,
- faculty-guided research, creative, or professional work in your field;
- Early admission notification (regular admission notification is in March);
- One-time funding up to $2,500 for approved study, research or volunteer work;
- Priority consideration as a member of the Dean's Team (student peer ambassadors);
- Special opportunities to meet with visiting lecturers;
- Mentoring for prominent national scholarships and graduate fellowships; and
- Invitation to a dinner reception with A&S Interim Dean Lois Agnew for you and two guests.
Other Awards and Scholarships
Before enrolling at Syracuse, admitted students may apply for the SUSTAIN Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to high-achieving, Pell-eligible students who will pursue STEM majors within the College of Arts and Sciences. For more information, contact SUSTAINstem@syr.edu.
Current Syracuse students should consider applying to our many other awards and scholarships, which may be awarded based on their performance during their college years.
Scholarship Information Session
In fall of 2022, admissions representatives hosted an information session for A&S | Maxwell applicants seeking additional information about scholarship opportunities. Access the recording of that session below.
If you have questions about the scholarship opportunities mentioned above, please contact Christopher Anderson.