Pre-Health Events and Announcements
Orientation for First- and Second-year Pre-Health Students
- Tuesday, September 21 – 5-6 pm, Life Sciences Complex 001 RSVP
- Wednesday, October 27 – 5-6 pm, Life Sciences Complex 011 RSVP
SUNY Optometry Information Session
- Tuesday, October 5 – 5-6 pm, Hall of Languages 107 RSVP
Am I Ready to Apply?
Trinity School of Medicine Virtual Information Session
- Tuesday, October 19th, 4 – 5 pm RSVP
Pre-Health Planning – Coursework, Exams, and More…
- Tuesday, November 2 – 5-6 pm, HBC Gifford Auditorium RSVP
Health Careers Alumni Panel
- Wednesday, November 3 – 6-7 pm – ZOOM RSVP
This event features panelists working in various areas of the healthcare industry, at a variety of stages in their careers. The discussion will center around attaining successful careers in healthcare and provide valuable insight into the industry.
- Dan Dickinson ’97 (Biochemistry), an attending emergency department doctor for Emergency Physicians Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida
- Takisha Knight ’09 (Biology and Psychology), an aseptic performance and monitoring manager for Sanofi, a biopharmaceutical company, in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
- Jennifer Elward ’14 (Chemistry), a computational chemistry and cheminformatics investigator for GlaxoSmithKline, a pharmaceutical company, in Collegeville, Pennsylvania
- Neil Ichiro Laruan ’20 (Biotechnology), a project manager for the Medical Device Innovation Consortium in Arlington, Virginia
US Navy Health Professions Scholarship Information Session
- Thursday, November 4 – 6-7 pm – LSC 001 RSVP
New York College of Podiatric Medicine Information Session
- Wednesday, November 10 – 4-5 pm – ZOOM RSVP
Logan University College of Chiropractic Information Session
- Thursday, November 11 – 2-3 pm, Hall of Languages 320 RSVP
Temple College of Podiatric Medicine Information Session
- Tuesday, November 30 – 6-7 pm – ZOOM RSVP
SUNY Graduate Degree Programs Open House
All students are welcome to attend this Open House Events for Graduate Degree programs (MS, DPT, PhD, MPH, DNP, MD, MD/PhD, MD/MPH) at SUNY Upstate Medical University. All events will be held virtually through the Spring 2021 semester. For a list of events or to register, visit the website: https://www.upstate.edu/prospective/events/graduate_openhouse.php
Consortium for Culture and Medicine
The Consortium for Culture and Medicine
Syracuse University, SUNY Upstate Medical University
The Consortium for Culture and Medicine (CCM) is a cooperative interdisciplinary program of LeMoyne College, SUNY Upstate Medical University, and Syracuse University. Founded in 1978, CCM focuses on the cultural, ethical, social, and psychological dimensions of medicine and healthcare by:
- Offering accredited courses linking the humanities and social sciences to practice of medicine and healthcare;
- Sponsoring faculty seminars and community events;
- Encouraging interdisciplinary research in healthcare.
Faculty members from the three cooperating institutions represent academic disciplines such as Anthropology, Economics, Health Policy, History, Law, Literature, Medicine, Medical Ethics, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Health, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology. For more information regarding the program, seminar and events, and a list of course offerings, visit Upstate's CCM webpage.
Tour for Diversity in Medicine
Locations and Dates Vary
Conceived by former medical student leaders, Tour for Diversity in Medicine is a grassroots effort to educate, inspire, and cultivate future minority physicians and dentists. All details can be found on Tour for Diversity's website.
Upstate Medical University Pre-Admission Advisement
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Pre-Admission Advisement: Occurs the 1st Monday of each month at 2:00pm. Learn more on Upstate's website.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Brooklyn, New York
SUNY Downstate Medical Center offers Informational Sessions for prospective students interested in the College of Health Related Professions, the College of Nursing, and the School of Public Health. Click here for more information
The Healing Muse: Muse Media
Listen to SUNY Upstate Medical University's "HealthLink On Air" radio show on Sundays on WRVO Public Media at 9 pm. Interviews with Linda Cohen and Dr. Deirdre Neilen, Editor of The Healing Muse.
Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Spring Open House Dates and Registration Information (HELD VIA ZOOM) – here is the link https://www.jefferson.edu/academics/colleges-schools-institutes/skmc/admissions/open-house.html
- Friday, October 1 – 3 – 5 pm
- Saturday, November 13 – 11 am – 1 pm