Pre-Health Evaluation Committee
The Office of Pre-Health Advising supports undergraduates as they pursue their chosen career paths and professional goals. When students apply to professional school, Admissions Committees expect applicants to secure a committee letter from their undergraduate institution. The Pre-Health Evaluation committee at Syracuse University provides an evaluative committee letter for students who complete all requirements, including submitting timely applications to professional schools.
Current students who plan to apply to medical or dental schools in 2020 for matriculation in 2021 must attend a Pre-Health Evaluation Committee orientation session. Students can attend one of two sessions offered on November 13th at 5:15 pm in HL 214 or November 19th at 5 pm in CST 1-019. Both sessions take place at 5 p.m. in 106 Life Sciences Complex. Students will be required to submit the "Intent to Apply" form at the orientation session. Alumni planning to apply in 2019 for 2020 matriculation must email email@example.com to obtain the Committee Alumni Packet. The first step in the process is to complete and return the "Intent to Apply form", which will be provided upon request.
2020 Application Process for 2021 Matriculation
Fall Semester 2019
- November 13 or 19: Attend Mandatory Pre-Health Evaluation Committee Orientation (RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- November 13th at 5:15 pm in HL 214 or November 19th at 5 pm in CST 1-019
- Submit the "Intent to Apply" form at the meeting
- Once the “Intent to Apply” form is received, all students will receive an email with further information.
Spring Semester 2020
- Register for MCAT or DAT exam and provide proof to the Office of Pre-Health Advising
- An exam date no later than May is recommended; later exam dates will affect committee letter release date
- January 30, 2020: Complete Health Professions profile, including: Application Readiness Exercise, Personal Statement, Resume, Health Professions Journal; MCAT/DAT worksheet, BCPM worksheet
- February 6, 2020: Deadline to complete and submit the "Consent and Waiver" form
- March 5, 2020: Submit 2-4 Requests for Evaluation; Pre-Health Advising will contact recommenders within five (5) business days of receiving requests; Students who have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) Evaluations submitted by this date will be interviewed by the Office of Pre-Health Advising
- March 10-May 10, 2020: Schedule your Interview with the Office of Pre-Health Advising (an earlier interview does not correlate with time of release of committee letter)
- Submit a List of Schools to which you plan to apply prior to your scheduled interview date
- April 30, 2020: Last day to submit a petition to participate with the committee process
- May 5, 2020: Letters of Recommendation are due to the Office of Pre-Health Advising
- During April, check with Pre-Health Advising on the status of your letters and gently remind recommenders of the due date
Cycle Opens 2020
- Submit your finalized application to the centralized application service by July 31, 2020
- Provide a copy of your officially submitted application to email@example.com
- Committee Letters will be sent on a rolling basis to professional schools as officially submitted applications are received by the Office of Pre-Health Advising