Pre-Health Evaluation Committee
The Office of Pre-Health Advising supports undergraduates as they pursue their chosen career paths and professional goals. When students apply to professional school, Admissions Committees expect applicants to secure a committee letter from their undergraduate institution. The Pre-Health Evaluation committee at Syracuse University provides an evaluative committee letter for students who complete all requirements, including submitting timely applications to professional schools.
Current students who plan to apply to medical or dental schools in 2021 for matriculation in 2022 must attend a Pre-Health Evaluation Committee orientation session. Students can attend one of two sessions offered on November 12th at 5 pm or November 19th at 5 pm. Both sessions take place via Zoom meeting. Students should email email@example.com to indicate interest in attending, after which they will receive the Zoom link. Students will be required to submit the "Intent to Apply" form after the orientation session. Alumni planning to apply in 2020 for 2021 matriculation must attend the orientations sessions as well as current undergraduate students.
2021 Application Process for 2022 Matriculation
Fall Semester 2020
- November 12 or 19: Attend Mandatory Pre-Health Evaluation Committee Orientation (RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit the "Intent and Consent" form after the meeting
- Once the “Intent and Consent” form is received, all students will receive an email with further instructions.
Spring Semester 2021
- Register for MCAT or DAT exam and provide proof to the Office of Pre-Health Advising
- An exam date no later than May is recommended; later exam dates will affect committee letter release date
- February 18, 2021: Complete Applicant Information and Preparation (AIP) file
- March 4, 2021: Submit 2-4 Requests for Evaluation; Pre-Health Advising will contact recommenders within five (5) business days of receiving requests; Students who have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4)Evaluations submitted by this date will be interviewed by the Office of Pre-Health Advising
- March 10-May 7, 2021: Schedule your Interview with the Office of Pre-Health Advising (an earlier interview does not correlate with time of release of committee letter)
- April 7, 2021 – Deadline to submit Personal Statement draft for review (OPTIONAL)
- April 29, 2021: Last day to submit a petition to participate with the committee process
- May 6, 2021: Letters of Recommendation are due to the Office of Pre-Health Advising
- During April, check with Pre-Health Advising on the status of your letters and gently remind recommenders of the due date
Cycle Opens 2021
- Submit your finalized application to the centralized application service by July 31, 2021
- Provide a copy of your officially submitted application and letter request form/email to email@example.com
- Committee Letters will be sent on a rolling basis to professional schools as officially submitted applications are received by the Office of Pre-Health Advising