First Term Enrollment Selections (FTES)
Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences | the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
We are so excited to have you join us in Syracuse this fall.
To ensure your Fall 2021 course selections go as smoothly as possible, please review the information we’ve gathered for you.
You’ll also find general information that will be helpful for all students who are starting their academic careers with us.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out. In June, you will be assigned an Academic & Career Advisor and we encourage you to connect with your advisor via email with any questions you may have. If you have any questions for us now, please email email@example.com or call us at 315.443.3150.
We look forward to working with you this summer and meeting you in the fall.
- Activate Your NetID – Access to the University’s computing network and services is controlled by the NetID and password. Activate your NetID as soon as possible. Management of your NetID and password is performed on the NetID self-service page.
- Get to Know MySlice – MySlice is Syracuse University’s online portal to critical information and resources for applicants, students, parents, faculty, and staff. Note that your login credentials are your newly acquired NetID and password.
- Manage Parent/Proxy Accounts – You may be required to have a parent or guardian perform tasks in MySlice such as complete a parent e-signature or make a payment. Follow the steps found in Answers to share your MySlice access with a parent or guardian.
- Access Your SU Email Account – This is the University’s official form of communication with students. Email accounts for students are established in a system called SUmail once you have accepted admission. Be sure to check your SUmail regularly and often! Important notes about your Syracuse University email: As noted above, University email is our official mode of communication, so check your University email frequently. Your advisor will be sending more information to your official Syracuse University email address regarding next steps for fall course scheduling, as well as invitations to virtual meetings starting after June 1.
- Placement Exams – We require all students to take the math and foreign language placement exams before completing their course preferences. Placement exams can be accessed from your MySlice homepage (Myslice > Student Services > Placement Exams > Take Placement Exams).
Selecting your fall semester courses
The team in the Office of Undergraduate Academic and Career Advising has designed a step-by-step guide to assist you in using A&S' online course selection system, the First Term Enrollment Selections (FTES). We strongly recommend that you read "FTES Guide 2021: First Year Students," before indicating your course preferences on FTES.
FTES is available beginning June 1, 2021 under Student Services on MySlice. Selecting your first-term course preferences will consist of the following steps:
- Review "FTES Guide 2021" and related materials;
- Complete each page of FTES and save all entries; and
- Submit your finalized FTES selections by the June 21 deadline.
Did you take any AP exams and/or college credits from another institution?
- Have AP scores sent from your College Board account to Syracuse University.
- Official transcripts for college credits should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to mail a hard copy of your transcript, please let your advisor know before mailing.