First Term Enrollment Selections (FTES)
Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences | the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
We are so excited to have you join us in Syracuse this fall.
To ensure your Fall 2020 course selections go as smoothly as possible, please review the information we’ve gathered for you.
You’ll also find general information that will be helpful for all students who are starting their academic careers with us.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out. We encourage you to connect with your advisor via email with any questions you may have. You can also schedule a time to speak on the phone.
We look forward to working with you this summer and meeting you in the fall.
- Activate Your NetID – Access to the University’s computing network and services is controlled by the NetID and password. Activate your NetID as soon as possible. Management of your NetID and password is performed on the NetID self-service page.
- Get to Know MySlice – MySlice is Syracuse University’s online portal to critical information and resources for applicants, students, parents, faculty, and staff. Note that your login credentials are your newly acquired NetID and password.
- Manage Parent/Proxy Accounts – You may be required to have a parent or guardian perform tasks in MySlice such as complete a parent e-signature or make a payment. Follow the steps found in Answers to share your MySlice access with a parent or guardian.
- Access Your SU Email Account – This is the University’s official form of communication with students. Email accounts for students are established in a system called SUmail once you have accepted admission. Be sure to check your SUmail regularly and often! Important notes about your Syracuse University email: As noted above, University email is our official mode of communication, so check your University email frequently. Your advisor will be sending more information to your official Syracuse University email address regarding next steps for fall course scheduling, as well as invitations to virtual meetings starting around mid-May.
Selecting your fall semester courses
The team in the Office of Undergraduate Academic and Career Advising has designed a step-by-step guide to assist you in using A&S' online course selection system, the First Term Enrollment Selections (FTES). We strongly recommend that you read "FTES Guide 2020: First Year Students," before indicating your course preferences on FTES.
FTES is available beginning May 18, 2020, under Student Services on MySlice (myslice.syr.edu). Selecting your first-term courses will consist of the following steps:
- Review "FTES Guide 2020" and related materials;
- Complete each page of FTES and save all entries; and
- Submit your finalized FTES selections by the June 12 deadline.
Did you take any AP exams and/or college credits from another institution?
- Have AP scores sent from your College Board account to Syracuse University.
- Official transcripts for college credits should be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you need to mail a hard copy of your transcript, please let your advisor know before mailing.