Apply to the Graduate Program in Religion
The Department of Religion invites interested perspective students to apply to the M.A. and Ph.D. in Religion. As a graduate student you will study with leading scholars in your field while also receiving professionalization training as well. Our department is known for its interdisciplinary scholarship, individualized programs, theoretical reflection, and cultural diversity.
Graduate Application Checklist
The Application Deadline for Fall admission is January 10th.
GRE scores are waived for Fall 2022 applications*
In addition to completing the application, the following are also required:
- Official Transcripts from all previous institutions (please have official transcripts sent to the Department of Religion, 501 Hall of Languages, Syracuse, NY, 13244 USA.).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement of not more than 1000 words, including your choice of concentration and religious culture to study at SU (see lists in program description).
- Writing Sample of not more than 20 pages.
- GRE scores (Syracuse University institution code: 2823) (GRE scores are waived for Fall 2022 applications)
- TOEFL scores (for applicants whose first language is not English)
- Online application form
The Department of Religion only admits graduate students in the fall.