Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the GRE (general) will NOT be required for the December 1, 2020 application.
- Q: When should I submit my application for the December 1st deadline?
A: Applications should be submitted between October 1st and November 30th. The application is reviewed for updates yearly and changes go into effect on October 1st.
- Q: What is your admissions deadline?
A: Our admissions deadline is December 1.
- Q: What is your institution code/department code?
A: Our Institution Code is 2823. Syracuse University does not use department codes.
- Q: I haven’t heard back about my application, when will a decision be made?
A: All admit decisions are made by April 15th. We are unable to provide information about your status prior to April 15.
- Q: I am an international student, do I have to submit TOEFL scores?
A: TOEFL scores are required. This requirement is waived for students who graduated from an English speaking college or university.
- Q: I’m an international student and I need a conditional admission, a delayed admission, or a sponsor letter.
A: We do not admit students with conditional or delayed admission requirements, nor do we provide sponsor letters for applicants.
- Q: Do I have to submit an official transcript with my application?
A: No, a transcript copy is allowed. Official transcripts are only required after an applicant has been admitted.
- Q: I want to submit an official transcript /additional reference letters/a paper application: What is your physical address?
A: Enrollment Management Processing Center
Graduate Admissions Processing
716 E. Washington St., Suite 200
Syracuse, New York 13210-1572
- Q: Do you require the GRE Psychology subject test?
A: No, only the GRE general test is required.
- Q: Please check my application and tell me what is missing.
A: We are unable to check status on individual applications. Applicants can log into their own account and see current status.
- Q: Is a particular faculty member accepting new students / Can I tour your facilities or meet with a particular faculty member before I apply?
A: Visits are by invitation only. Many of our program webpages list the faculty accepting students. You may reach out directly to faculty of interest to ask about their recruitment plans.
- Q: What financial aid/funding do you offer/how much does it cost to attend your program?
A: Each program provides information about funding on their web pages. Program links are listed above.
- Q: I’m having technical trouble with my on-line application.
A: Click on the “Contact our Help Desk” from within the application, or email the Help Desk at: email@example.com
- Q: How much is your application fee/can I have the fee waived?
A: The application fee is $75. Fees are waived automatically for Veterans and McNair Scholars. The fee is otherwise required.
- Q: What is required to apply?
A: Each program provides information about application requirements on their web pages. Program links are listed on the right.
- Q: How do I apply?
A: You apply via our online application.
- Click the online application link and create a New User Account
- When queried as 'to which program and degree do you intend to apply?' select one of our four programs: Clinical Psychology, School Psychology, Social Psychology, or Cognitive Psychology.