Diversifying Psychology Visit Day
Diversifying Psychology Visit Day at Syracuse University is designed to prepare talented minority students for graduate school by providing a venue to network with faculty and graduate students in Psychology and get the scoop on the graduate student experience.
Throughout the day, Psychology Department faculty and graduate students will highlight the value and strengths of our Clinical, Cognitive Psychology, School Psychology and Social Psychology doctoral programs, showcase the differences and advantages of our community, and share tips on how to navigate the graduate school admissions process.
Successful applicants will have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree in psychology, be enrolled at a college university or have graduated with an undergraduate degree within the past 3 years, and identify as an ethnic/racial minority traditionally underrepresented in psychology.*
Programming for the Visit Day includes panel discussions, seminars, research presentations, workshops, meals with faculty and graduate students, and a tour of the Syracuse University campus.
Applicants for Diversifying Psychology Visit Day at Syracuse University must meet the following requirements:
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree in psychology.
- Identify as an ethnic/racial minority traditionally underrepresented in psychology:
- Blacks or African Americans
- Hispanics or Latinos of any race
- American Indians
- Alaska Natives
- Native Hawaiians
- Be enrolled at a college or university OR have graduated with an undergraduate degree within the past 3 years.
How to Apply
The Department of Psychology is pleased to announce a call for applications for our Diversifying Psychology Visit Day to be held on Friday, September 20th, 2019 at Syracuse University. Applications are due August 28, 2019.
- You will be asked to submit the following:
- A statement of purpose
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- A resume/CV
- Complete ALL areas of the online application here: Diversifying Psychology Visit Day Application
We look forward to welcoming you to Syracuse University and demonstrating how our Department of Psychology can be a part of your bright future in Psychology!
Please contact the Department of Psychology Graduate Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.2354