Research and Teaching Interests
Magdelin Montenegro has been teaching at Syracuse University since 2000. She teaches several courses including all basic and intermediate levels of Spanish. She also had taught at LeMoyne College, Cazenovia College, and Carabobo University. Her research interests are the evolution of the Latino populations throughout the United States, the history of migrations, settlement patterns, economic incorporation, political participation, legal rights for minorities and multiculturalism.
- Ph.D. Social Science, Syracuse University. (Present)
• M.A. International Relations, Syracuse University (1997)
• M.A. Public Administration, Syracuse University (1996)
- Part time instructor, Language, Literature and Linguistic department, Syracuse University (2000-present)
• Research Associate, Environmental Finance Center, Maxwell School, Syracuse University, (1998-2000)
• Professor, Carabobo University