309 Physics Building
- 1989 D. Phil. in Theoretical Physics, Oxford University, England
- 1985 B.A. in Physics (1st class honours), Oxford University, England
- Theoretical and computational studies of quantum field theory, quantum gravity and string theory.
- Lattice gauge theory for physics beyond the Standard Model.
- Lattice supersymmetry and applications to gauge-gravity duality.
- Lattice studies of dynamical electroweak symmetry breaking.
- Application of supercomputer simulation to particle physics.
(Oct. 18, 2016)
Professor Simon Catterall recognized for lattice field theory work
(June 8, 2016)
Funding part of government's mission to advance experimental scientific discovery
Perturbative renormalization of lattice N=4 super Yang Mills theory, S. Catterall, E. Dzienkowski, J. Giedt, A. Joseph, R. Wells, JHEP 1104:074 2011.
Exact lattice supersymmetry S. Catterall, D. B. Kaplan and M.Unsal, Physics Reports 484:71 2009.
Phase diagram of SU(2) with 2 flavors of dynamical adjoint quarks, S. Catterall, J Giedt, F. Sannino, J. Schneible, JHEP 0811:009 2008.
Black hole thermodynamics from simulations of lattice Yang-Mills theory, S. Catterall and T. Wiseman, Phys. Rev. D78: 041502, 2008 5. Minimal walking on the lattice, S. Catterall and F. Sannino, Phys.Rev. D76:034504 2007.