323 Physics Building
Women's and Gender Studies
- 2001 Ph.D. in Physics, Northwestern University
- 1978 Laurea in Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Study of heavy flavor production properties at LHC.
- Test of heavy quark effective theory and lattice QCD applied to heavy flavor decays.
- Search for new physics in B0s decays.
- Development of radiation hard detectors for high precision reconstruction of trajectories of charged subatomic particles.
The High Energy Group at SU is part of the LHCb experiment at CERN.
(Aug. 13, 2018)
High-Energy Physics Group using NSF grant award to support ongoing data analysis, construction of new tracking device
(Jan. 10, 2018)
PhD candidate in physics, Scott Ely, was recently awarded top honors for “Lightning Round” talk at the U.S. Large Hadron Collider Users Association Meeting.
(Oct. 16, 2017)
Syracuse's High-Energy Physics group is building, testing new detector for LHCb experiment in Geneva, Switzerland
(July 15, 2015)
Project is part of CERN upgrade in Switzerland
K. Akiba, M. Artuso, R. Badman, A. Borgia, R. Bates, F. Bayer, M. van Beuzekom, J. Buytaert et al. Nuc. Inst. M. 661, 31 (2012).
R. Aaij et al. (LHCb Collaboration), Phys. Lett. B698, 14-20 (2011).
M. Artuso, PoS VERTEX2008, 019 (2008).
J. Yelton et al. (CLEO Collaboration), Phys. Rev. D80, 052007 (2009).
M. Artuso, E. Barberio, S. Stone, PMC Phys. A3, 3 (2009).