Professor of Practice
- Ph.D. in Biological Engineering, Oregon State University (2015)
- M.S. in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Georgia (2010)
- B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering, Punjab Agricultural University (2006)
- BIO 663 Molecular Biotechnology
- BIO 447/667 Advances in Biotech Research
- BIO 664 Applied Biotechnology Lab
- BIO 421 Capstone Seminar in Biotechnology
Dr. Ankita Juneja is a biological engineer, with research focus on bioprocessing for sustainable production of value-added products and biofuels, using integration of engineering and biology. She also works on nutrient recycling and carbon sequestration with culturing of microalgae, to be used as a substrate for biofuel and biochemical production.
Prior to joining Syracuse University, Juneja was a Lead Fermentation Scientist IV at Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) from 2020-22 where she led multiple projects on fermentation for production of food and feed ingredients. From 2016-2020, she was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, where she worked on various industrial and federal/state funded projects on improving the fermentation process for production of bioethanol and high-value bioproducts. During her postdoctoral tenure, she also served as an instructor for bioprocessing courses from 2016-2017.
Fermentation, metabolic modeling, nutrient recycling, food-energy-water nexus
Bioprocessing, Fermentation, Constraint-based metabolic modeling
- Juneja A., Kurambhatti C., Kumar D. and Singh V. (2022) Techno-Economic Evaluation of Phosphorous Recovery in Soybean Biodiesel Process. Processes 10 (8), 1512.
- Juneja A., Noordam B., Pel H., Appeldoorn M., and Singh V. (2021) Optimization of two-stage pretreatment for maximizing ethanol production in 1.5G technology. Bioresource Technology, 320: 124380
- Juneja A., Cusick R. and Singh V. (2020) Recovering the Phosphorus as a Coproduct from Corn Dry Grind Plants: A Techno-economic Evaluation. Cereal Chemistry 97 (2), 449-458.
- Juneja A., Zhang G., Jin Y-S., and Singh V. (2019) Bioprocessing and technoeconomic feasibility analysis of simultaneous production of D-psicose and ethanol using engineered yeast strain KAM-2GD. Bioresource technology 275, 27-34.
- Juneja A., Sharma N., Cusick R. and Singh V. (2019) Recovering Phosphorus from Corn Wet Milling plants: Technical and Economic Feasibility Analysis. Cereal Chemistry 96 (2), 380-390.
- Juneja A. and Murthy G.S. (2018) Design and validation of model predictive control for optimum algal growth. Bioresource Technology 250: 556-563.
- Juneja A., Kumar D. and Singh V. (2017) Germ soak water as nutrient source to improve fermentation of de-germed corn from modified corn dry-grind process Bioresources and Bioprocessing, 4 (1): 38
- Juneja A. Chaplen F.W.R. and Murthy G.S. (2016) Genome scale metabolic reconstruction of Chlorella variabilis for exploring its metabolic potential. Bioresource Technology 213, 103-110