Faculty Media Coverage on the Rise
Recent headlines confirm College's growing media footprint
A&S faculty are frequently called upon to discuss their research or to provide commentary on a variety of issues related to the current public discourse. The following are a few recent media highlights:
- Professors Chandra Talpade Mohanty and Linda Carty spoke with TIME magazine about their Feminist Freedom Warriors project.
- News of Professor George Saunders G’88 being a finalist for the International DUBLIN Literary Award made CBC/Radio Canada and The Irish Times.
- Jazziz magazine highlighted visiting professor Larry Blumenfeld’s residency in the Humanities Center.
- In physics, Professor Liviu Movileanu talked to CNN about cancer testing. ... Professor Sheldon Stone’s research into matter and antimatter made Symmetry magazine and The National (Glasgow). … Professor Tomasz Skwarnicki spoke with “The Naked Scientists” (BBC) and Yahoo News U.K. about a new class of particles called pentaquarks.
- Science magazine and ABC newspaper (Madrid) featured Professor Mark Ritchie’s study of the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem.