16 Upperclassmen Selected to Prestigious Leadership Program
Nearly 100 SU students have participated in the program since its start in 2008
16 Syracuse University students have earned full scholarships to participate in the 2015 Dulye Leadership Experience, a highly selective, professional development program that only a handful of upperclassmen experience each year.
Founded by Linda Dulye '77, the Dulye Leadership Experience (DLE) catapults Syracuse University juniors and seniors on their post-graduation career paths by removing the mystery and fear out of landing their first jobs after graduation.
This unique program includes a three-day boot camp in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts in March with a distinguished faculty of professionals from diverse backgrounds and industries who coach and mentor on communication, networking and other key leadership skills.
Nearly 100 SU students have participated in the program since its start in 2008—and the majority quickly advanced to getting jobs. “The Dulye Leadership Experience has a high success rate,” states Dulye, the president and founder of Dulye & Co.-- a workplace performance consultancy and one of three Dulye family members to graduate from SU. “An impressive 90% of DLE graduates land jobs or internships within three months of attending the program.”
Michele Dilella, who participated in the 2014 DLE program as a junior, found the experience life changing. “It’s the one weekend in college that will forever be the most memorable and life changing. The network I gained, the personal growth, and the confidence I have in selling myself and my abilities to any recruiter for the workforce, and so much more are what I gained from three days,” says Dilella, a student in the College of Arts and Sciences.
A record breaking 156 applications were received for the 2015 program. After a highly selective review process and live interview sessions, these students are members of the DLE Class of 2015:
- Alejandra Avina’14, Arts & Sciences, Anthropology & Political Science
- Thomas Buchanan’15, Engineering and Computer Science, Bioengineering
- Robert Burke’15, Whitman, Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises & Marketing Management
- Tiara Butler’15, VPA, Environmental and Interior Design
- Preston Cannedy’15, I School, Systems and Information Science
- Kevin Claffey’15, Whitman/Newhouse, Advertising & Marketing Management
- Sarah Dalusma’16, Whitman, Marketing Management & Finance
- Katie Fleischer’15, Arts & Sciences, English & Textual Studies
- Jane Hong’16, Newhouse, Broadcast & Digital Journalism
- Sean Fernandez’15, Whitman, Finance
- Daniela Lopez’15, Arts & Sciences, Spanish Language, Literature & Culture, Policy Studies, Political Science
- Yvenique Lovinsky’16, I School, Information Management and Technology
- Elizabeth Odunaiya’15, Education, Health and Exercise Science
- Courtney Rosser’16, Arts & Sciences, Biology and Neuroscience
- Greg Tobias II’15, Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Andreacarola Urso’16, Arts & Sciences, Biology, French and Francophone Studies
For more information on the Dulye Leadership Experience, visit dle.dulye.com.