- Degree: Began PhD program in 2015
- Concentration: British Literature (Early Modern)
- Advisor: Stephanie Shirilan
Evan Hixon is a 4th year PhD student whose research centers on early modern British drama and political writing, with an emphasis on the works of Shakespeare, Marlowe and Jonson. His current dissertation project examines representations of spies, informants and intelligencers in the works of early modern English dramatists and the relationship between the stage and Elizabethan and Jacobean intelligence networks. In addition, his research interests include Anglo-Italian political theory, representations of stage Machiavellianism and early modern performance theory.
- B.A. English Literature, Purdue University
- M.A. English Literature, Syracuse University