- Degree: Began PhD program in 2019
- Concentration: Film and Screen Studies
- Advisor: Dorri Beam, Director of Graduate Studies
Dylan is a PhD student who is interested in the way that limited animation mutates the experience of time in media via devices like repetition and economy of motion. He hopes to use the ideas of Vivian Sobchack and Gilles Deleuze to explore how this mutation can take shape in limited animation as well as other digital media. In this context, he also wants to explore ideas of trauma and nostalgia to find ways that limited animation can be used as a political tool.
• B.A. Comparative Literature, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2018)
• B.S. Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2018)