Minor in Fine Arts
The Fine Arts minor requires 18 credits of coursework and allows students to draw from both art history and music history courses, as well as studio art and music lessons or ensembles.
- Students will identify, explain, and analyze works of art from both western and non-western societies from different eras.
- Students will recognize and explain the relationship of artistic styles to historical events and intellectual trends.
- Students will distinguish among stylistic differences in musics of different eras and from different cultures.
- Students will explain historical changes in musics of different eras and from different cultures.
- Students will express ideas clearly through writing.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in musical skills.
For more on this minor’s specific requirements please consult the Syracuse University Course Catalog.