M.S. in Digital Forensics
Key Benefits of Our Program
- Joint program between the Syracuse University School of Information Studies (iSchool) and the Forensic and National Security Sciences Institute (Forensics) in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Combines courses in the iSchool such as information security, digital forensics, and data analytics with courses in Forensics including advanced forensics, quality assurance and ethics, and crime scene investigation.
- Receive training and experience in the collection, preservation, examination, analysis, reporting, and legal proceedings involving digital evidence from practitioners and researchers working at the forefront of digital forensics.
- Opportunities for field study in world-class facilities including federal laboratories such as the FBI, DOJ, and DOD and various crime laboratories and prosecutor’s offices.
- Faculty mentor, teach, and advise students, paying close attention to their development
- Flexible programs enable students to tailor courses to their individual needs and goals
It is estimated that over 90% of criminal cases involve some form of digital data, including computers, mobile devices, networks, drones, vehicles, and more. Graduates may obtain positions as:
- Computer Forensic Analyst
- Information Security Specialist
- Cybersecurity Investigator
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- Fraud Investigator
- Incident Response Engineer
- Blue Team Analyst
- Doctoral Graduate Student