B.S. / M.S. in Biotechnology
Combine two programs into one to earn two degrees in just five years. Our accelerated B.S./M.S. program prepares students for jobs in areas such as the biotechnology industry, biomedical studies, health professions, pharmaceutical and agricultural industry, environmental biotechnology and research in academia.
Students receive the bachelor's degree after four years and the master's after the fifth year.
- advanced scientific training and education
- unique, interdisciplinary curriculum
- customized courses for different career plans
- targeted professional development
- networking experience
Combined B.S./M.S. in Biotechnology Admission Procedures
Current SU undergraduate students should submit an internal application packet to the Biotechnology Admissions Committee via email to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis up until the end of a student's third year as an undergraduate.
The application packet should include the following:
- a personal statement (waived for current Syracuse University B.S. Biotechnology majors) outlining the applicant's interest in the combined B.S./M.S. Biotechnology program (1 page, single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font);
- a CV or resume;
- a B.S. Biotechnology Checklist form, filled out up to the current date;
- an unofficial transcript; and
- two (2) faculty recommendation letters, emailed directly from faculty or an internship supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Streamlined curriculum allows students to complete all the requirements for a B.S. in Biotechnology and M.S. in Biotechnology in 5 years.
Students accepted into the five-year B.S./M.S. program will be able share up to 12 credits of 500- or 600-level coursework toward the completion of both degrees.