The Office of Communications discourages using PDF files. They're difficult to remediate if not made accessible from the beginning, are clumsy to read on a mobile device (and generally have a large file size), and have sporadic rules for search engine indexing (meaning they may by difficult to find in the first place). Instead, please consider using one these templates.
Departments can use the following trifold brochure templates to create marketing materials for individual academic programs or events. Please refer to the sample layouts below for guidance on placing text and illustrations.
Examples (L: Two image brochure, R: Three image brochure)
On occasion, you may need to produce booklets about course offerings or other academic updates. Please use this template, which is formatted for printing with an office printer or an outside vendor. However, we strongly recommend that all easily outdated information be posted to departmental websites or be otherwise shared electronically.
Digital Screen and Event Flyers
Use these accessible, University-branded templates for your department or office's announcements and event publicity. Please note that each template layout has been optimized for ease of use, with dedicated fields for text, images, and wordmarks. Follow these general guidelines for clear and professional results.
- Use high-resolution images (300 dpi) and crop as needed. This ensures that your results will be crisp and in focus.
- Follow Syracuse University brand guidelines.
- Proofread before printing or posting. We recommend you ask someone who hasn't been involved with the creation of the item.
- Change font, colors, or location of text box/image placeholders.
- Stretch, compress or otherwise distort the image to fit in a placeholder.
- Use blurry or grainy images.
Hall of Languages Digital Screen Templates